Accidents happen every day to people of all walks of life. Sometimes accidents are minor and require only a bandage and kiss from mom to make them better. Other accidents are more severe and can leave the victims with a lifetime of physically or mentally painful symptoms. One such type of accident that the attorneys at James R. Omer & Associates work to get financial compensation for is the traumatic brain injury (TBI).
TBIs can occur any time the brain experiences trauma, such as a blow or jolt to the head or when an object pierces the skull and brain. The most common types of TBI include:
- Falls: Falls are most often reported in very young children and elderly adults.
- Motor vehicle accidents: The majority of these TBI accidents involve youth age 15-19.
- Being struck by or against moving or stationery objects: Sports-related injuries often fall under this category.
- Assaults: Firearm accidents most often result in death.
- Explosions: These TBI accidents are especially common with military personnel.
- Child abuse: Violence such as shaken baby syndrome can lead to TBIs.
If you have been involved in an accident are suffering from a TBI, please contact the Nashville, Tennessee personal injury attorneys at James R. Omer & Associates, PLLC to request a consultation to discuss your TBI case.